Monday, April 6, 2009

It's not possible... Or is it?

This is how a conversation with Julian went tonight:

Julian comes walking out of the bedroom, where he is suppose to be watching Shrek, or better yet, sleeping...

Mom: Julian go to bed. It's time to go nigh-night.

Julian: I want milk.

Mom: Julian, milk is sleeping. No more milk.

Dad: Julian, this is why you need to eat all of your dinner. Now, go lay down in the room, watch Shrek, and go to bed.

Julian: Shrek is not on.

Dad: Yes it is, Julian.

Julian: No it's not. Impossible.

Dad: Yes, it is, Julian. I'm not going to argue with you

Mom: (In low voice) You sort of already are.

Julian: Shrek is not on. It's not possible.

At this point Jer and I just look at each other because our 2 year old child just told us "it's not possible," and we're trying not to laugh and break our serious, stern parent face.

Now Julian is crying for Wall E.

~Ape